Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
favorite fish food
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jack_Dempsey11
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.27(Sat)18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apisto nijsseni (panda dwarf cichlids) only accept frozen food now, along with the microfauna growing on the driftwood, in the substrate, and even on the filter intake. It's so cool to watch them take up mouthfulls of sand and then spit everything but what they can eat out of their gills. I didn't think the species was a sand-sifter but I guess I was wrong. It almost makes me want to stop trying to wean them onto pellets!
Lab_Rat
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.01.27(Sat)23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feed tropical flakes, color enhancing flakes, spirulina flakes, little crumbles, algae wafers, blood worms (for my gourami), and shrimp pellets (alternating of course, not all at once!)
ngocthach1130
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.31(Wed)0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that frozen bloodworm is loved by all my fishes. I also have frozen brine shrimp but when dissolve in water it's rather nasty and breaks up. Bloodworm remain intact. Live brine shrimp is good too. Although the pet shop near me charges like 2 bucks per small serving which is a rip off. I want to raise brine shrimp to that size but dunno how. Only successful at hatching them to feed betta frys.
fiffy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.31(Wed)9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as brands go I prefer Aquadine. Its nice because they have a big old display with bulk flake food, but usually about 6 different types. So you can get one type specific to your fish or mix it up for your comunity tank. My fish love the stuff.
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.31(Wed)23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use new life spectrum thera-a for the extra garlic in it to keep some parasites at baby. Ever since I used it, my pinkish parrot has turned a nice orange color Laughing
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: