Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Penguin Filters vs Emperor
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
J2FcM
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.23(Tue)23:40    Post subject: Penguin Filters vs Emperor Reply with quote

Is their a true difference in these filters? On the surface they seem the same, except the Emp. has higher ratings at 400. I've heard complaints about Penguins being loud.
advice?

Would the Penguin 350 or Emp. 400 be sufficient for a 30inch tall 70 gallon FW settup?
TMfish
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.28(Sun)16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Emporer has more filter surface area and has adjustable spay bars for the bio-wheel. Penguins do make noise. I have a Penguin 200 on my 15 Gal. On my 70Gal tank I have an Emporer 400 and a H.O.T 250 /w (micron filter). Both are quiet and work great.
turk359
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.28(Sun)16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Emperor 400 on my 55 gallon tank. I love it...I have four of the cartridges in place...it is very quiet. This is my first tank so I haven't tried any other filter types but I would say that this filter is worth the money...
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: