Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
A sad story to read...
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MattTVI
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.01.26(Fri)6:26    Post subject: A sad story to read... Reply with quote

Dwindling Fish Population
fiffy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.26(Fri)10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it is sad. but it shouldn't be surpriseing.
two stories which can relate.
I have a good frined who grew up in hong kong. We like to go fishing together and he honestly spends a lot more time fishing then I do. I've asked him about fishing back in Hong Kong and he told me there were very little fish left in Hong Kong and very few would get more then maybe 4-5 inches. It was really sad to hear that.
Another one is while working in the camera store I used to work at we had this one really good coustomer who would travel around the world. She had been to china back in the early 70's I believe. She finally got the chance to go back in early 2006. The level of polutoin was clearly evident in the photos, which she said didn't even come close to doing justis to just how bad it really was. She said it made California when it was at its worst look like nothing. Yes, they have grown tremendisly economicly, but they also have on of the worst enviromental protectoin around.
So, as I said before. Yes it is sad to hear about. But it really isn't surpriseing.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: