Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Disease or did I poison them with Peas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
sepgundamrg
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.23(Tue)0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you ment ferenheit, 86 celcius is almosst boiling isnt it? I hope the little otto survives, he will have a good story to tell new tank mates about the apocalypse in his home.
Mormegil
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.23(Tue)11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

sepgundamrg wrote:
I knew you ment ferenheit, 86 celcius is almosst boiling isnt it? I hope the little otto survives, he will have a good story to tell new tank mates about the apocalypse in his home.

This morning I woke up to go to the restroom, and found him on the bottom of the tank. I assumed the worst, and decided to go back to sleep and clean up after I really woke up.

Upon really waking up, getting ready to pull out the carcass, I found it wasn't there. Nope, I guess it was just sucking algae from the substrate. S/he seems to be doing better so far, and seems to be eating (or at least sucking the glass).

Right now I've got the temp at 86, and have copper sulfate in the water. The 86 should stop infections, but I understand that 89.5 will kill the parasites.

Any opinions if I should try pushing up the temp to kill the parasites that are involved in an active infection on the fish? If so, I think I can discontinue copper sulfate.

Edit: Found him/her dead stuck in the fake plants. I'm surprised s/he lasted this long, I was sure it'd be dead yesterday morning the way looked. Guess I'll just wait the empty tank out, and start over a little wiser.

Thanks for the help everyone.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: