Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Bumblebee Catfish...?
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
tetrabarb
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.14(Sun)10:21    Post subject: Bumblebee Catfish...? Reply with quote

At my local petsmart I was getting some loaches and in the next tank was a label that said Bumblebee Catfish. I only saw one in the tank and it was tiny, maybe 1in. long! It looked black with a thick brown stripe in the middle of its body. It definetly looked like a catfish. Its tag said it only gets 3in. long! any one know how to care for something like this??

OK I researched a little and I think its name is Microglanis iheringi
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.16(Tue)21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bumblebee catfish in a 30g tank with tiger barbs, T-barbs and a needlefish. I never see him, and my girlfriend commented that she didn't even know he was there until we moved and we were catching all the fish.

He was going to go into a community tank, but while he was bagged when I was buying him he kept trying to eat the otocinclus he was with, so in he went with the semi-aggressive fish and he's been doing just fine.
andiesch
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.18(Thu)19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never see mine either... ever since I bought him I saw him once the night I bought him, and haven't seen him since
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: