Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
breeding red jewel
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
managuensis
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.11(Thu)20:38    Post subject: breeding red jewel Reply with quote

hi to all, just new here. got a pair of red jewel male 4" and female 3", they are now giving signs of breeding. I tried to visit some sites to find info re: this fish (but unfortunately underepair). I was hoping that you guys may give me some information on breeding this fish.

thanks to all. Laughing
birdmanlh06
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.17(Wed)12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

My jewels spawned on the side of a clay pot in my tank that I had laid on its side. After the eggs had hatched they dug pits all over the tank and moved the fry from pit to pit. But be ready to have some super aggressive cichlids that in my opinion are just as or more aggressive than convicts when it comes to defending their fry. Also in my case the male would chase the female away after a few days and then shortly after Id lose the fry because I didn't know how to feed them
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: