Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Unhappy ciclids?
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jimmy campbell
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.16(Tue)20:42    Post subject: Unhappy ciclids? Reply with quote

I have recently moved my ciclids (yellow labs, red on reds) from a 30 gal to a 55 gal. The 55 gal had gravel and plants in it for about 3 months but I moved them all into another tank, so the tank is cycled. I have white silica sand approx 3 inches deep and 10 rocks set up for the fish to swim through. I have 2 lights over head with 40 watts per light, 80 watts total.

I have 9 fish in there and ill have to look up the exact names but anyways, they look so unhappy! they use to swim all over and chase eachother and fight for the bloodworns I put in there. now they just watch the bloodworms float to the bottom and I usually have to take them (bloodworms) out with a net. They don't seem to be eating too much eather. The tempature is 25-26 or 77-79.

When I took the plants out I had a snail problem, I used a product called "had a snail" I took the carbon out of my filter. I did a 50% water change and let rum for a few days before adding the fish. I just realized I have not put the carbon back into the filter yet, its been a week since I added the fish in. could this be my problem? I'm going to put the carbon in tomorrow. do ciclids like light? do I have too much light? one buld is a daytime light and the other one is antic (purple or almost like a black light).

They seemed so happy in the smaller tank, I'm going to do a water test tomorrow when I get home from work and add the carbon.

Any info or advise?

Thanks
Jimmy
PocketBoy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.16(Tue)22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, how long have they been in the new tank? They might still be adjusting to the new home if it's only been a little while.

Is the ''Had A Snail'' product a chemical? If so, I would highly suggest not using chemicals in you tank unless you honestly CAN'T do ANYTHING else. I've been told it's just better to leave chemicals out of tanks, completely.

Other than that, I don't have any advice. Sad Sorry. Check your water parameters and see if anything is off.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: