Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Baby Angels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
wingman
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.14(Sun)13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

I had my baby angels in nurseries which shared a tank with their older siblings (25 days) until I noticed the siblings were being sucked to (not through) the venting on the nursery by the older angels which would kill them. I purchased another tank (6 gallon), set it up with water from mom and dad's tank and the sponge filter from the tank they shared with the siblings and moved them to the tank. I noticed that their tails are not as fanned out as they were when they were in the nursery and some of their tails are actually in a point. Would this have something to do with them fighting the current from the sponge filter? I am worried and don't want to add any chemicals if I don't have to. They seem fine otherwise hanging together and eating well. There is one that does swim away to 'explore' I believe. Do you feel there is a problem with my babies?

Sherrie-Jo
wingman
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.15(Mon)19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

Please see my previous message. Fry are doing much better today. I hung a bag of gravel from mom and dad's tank to bring down the nitrite level just in case that was part of the problem. The nitrites were lower than what they had been used to so I really didn't think it was the problem. It must have helped some.

Also, even though the others were only 25 days older, they did suck at least 20 of the babies out of the nurseries. I had split them to give them more space because there were too many of them. Unfortunately, it took me a while to discover that they were able to do it.

Anyway, they are doing better and now have a tank all to themselves!

Sherrie-Jo
Bob
Moderators

PostPosted: 2007.01.16(Tue)2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, and keep the water quality as high as possible.

If you pull this off, you can start sharing your knowledge with every one else Wink

Bob
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: