Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What CO2 equipment do I need?
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
turk359
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.15(Mon)9:57    Post subject: What CO2 equipment do I need? Reply with quote

What equipment do I need to inject CO2 into my 55 gal planted?

If I have an air pump hooked up to an airstone already can I just buy a "reactor" and hook that up to the other outtake of the air pump?

Also, will using an airstone, O2, and a CO2 injection negate any the desired effect? I.E. is this overkill?
Angela G.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.15(Mon)12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't really want to use an air pump in conjunction with CO2. The air pump will disrupt the release of the CO2 into your water. Basically what you want to do is find a way to get the CO2 broken into tiny bubbles and make sure the bubbles stay in contact with the water as long as possible.

The easiest way to achieve this is to make or buy a CO2 reactor. If you have a cannister filter you might want to check out Rex Grigg's site as he shows a good and inexpensive reactor you can build for a cannister filter. If you have another kind of filter you may want to use a the Hagan ladder or buy a power head and build your own.

This will give you a basic idea of the in the tank variety of reactor in diagram form. http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/diy_reactor.htm
Rex Grigg
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.01.15(Mon)15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you thinking of DIY or pressurized?

Semper Fi
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: