Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Loaches going behind the background
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
turk359
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.13(Sat)15:55    Post subject: Loaches going behind the background Reply with quote

I got three yo-yo loaches today and they keep slipping behind my background and hiding back there....

They come out eventually but I'm concerned about them getting stuck back there...

Did I screw up by putting my background in the aquarium? I was thinking about taking it out and taping it to the back of the aquarium on the outside.

Does this sound reasonable?
Bob
Moderators

PostPosted: 2007.01.13(Sat)16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfectly reasonable. I just use hardboard/cardboard or ply wood, painted black for my backgrounds and just fix them (You can figure that one out) to the outside.

As you have figured, Loaches like hiding, have you got any caves in the tank for them?

Bob
fishy me
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.13(Sat)16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it one of the ones that come on a roll from the store or is it like a 3D rock thing? If it is a roll one see this post on sticking them to the back.

http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=39595

If it is 3D I don't really know what to do.
turk359
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.13(Sat)19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was one of those ones that came on a roll. I took it out got a new one and taped it to the outside...

And Bob, Yes I actually bought a whole bunch of rocks and build a cave in anticipation of getting loaches...They found that and a piece of driftwood first thing!

I've been waiting to put up pics until I get my tank fully stocked but I'm close another week or two and I should have all the fishes.

Thanks for your help....
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: