Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
can red and green terrors CO2-exist
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
bored2.0
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)19:27    Post subject: can red and green terrors CO2-exist Reply with quote

I have a 100 gallon tank and I'm new with terrors but I don't know if green and red can be kept together. right now they are juvenile but I want to know long term.
CichlidKid
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.09(Tue)14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the gallery on this site a "Red Terror" or Fastae can reach almost 20" Shocked . Not sure how accurate that is but you better look into a bigger tank. Not to mention that the GT would be lucky to get 1/2 that size. I would recommend reading all you can on them first, or you could end up with problems. I have no experience with them myself
Lord Steve0
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.10(Wed)8:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could exist in the same tank but it would have to be a very large tank.
GTs grow to about 10" max and RTs grow to about 20" max.
Plus both species can be very aggressive towards other fish and the RT is much worse at this than the GT.
I would stick with either one or the other, not both, and if it is the RT you keep I'd only have them in a species tank as they may kill anything else in there once they grow a bit.
GTs are much easier IMO and if you get a pair you'll have no trouble breeding them. They are very easy to care for and very pretty fish.

PS: for your info GT's and RT's are in no way related except by way of their common names.
GT = Aequidens rivulatus
RT = Amphilophus festae (also known as Festa's Cichlid)
bored2.0
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.10(Wed)18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all I was sure about with terrors was possible size and they were not really related other than being south american cichlids. Smile
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: