Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
help with tank mates
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jacobkolby
New Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.10(Wed)9:49    Post subject: help with tank mates Reply with quote

I have a 55g tank with four electric yellows in it. this is my first cichlids tank and its been running for about 4 months now. all water readings are at 0, but in the last two weeks I have developed an alge problem on the glass and some of the rocks in the tank. Just wondering what I could add to the tank to help out. I have no other fish in the tank right now and the fish I have are around 2.5 to 3 inches.
PocketBoy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.10(Wed)9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. well if you have 4... maybe a small pleco. I've heard of people buying common plecos and when they get too big they sell them back to the FS and get another small one.

I wouldn't suggest getting any 'fragile' algae eaters, as yellow labs can get a bit aggressive and they're pretty fast so not many things will be able to out-run them. lol

good luck Smile
Docholliday
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.10(Wed)13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend a pleco. They are very adaptable to various water conditions and temps and can take a beating from other fish. Beware though, they're thee crap machines. I local Superpet buys my common plecos for $10 when they're only 8 inches. So I buy a cheap common Pleco for $2-3 then sell it when it's to big.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: