Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Ram compatibility
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Danikins
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.07(Sun)23:37    Post subject: Ram compatibility Reply with quote

Hi.. I was wanting to get a pair of rams for my 30gallon tank... two questions... first, which kind of ram is better? The bolivian or the german?

And will they get along with my tankmates?
I have cories, harlequin rasboras, a dwarf gourami, otos, an SAE and two male guppies.

The guppies arent a problem to move, I can put them in my ten gallon. But will the rams be okay with a curious dwarf gourami?
Cathy G
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bolivians are for the most part milder kinder fish. Even when spawning, they are not as agressive as my Blues. They are not as colorful as the Blues however. They are a more hardy fish too.

How many cories are there? If there are a big bunch, they might have some trouble during spawning time, more so with the Blues...

If your water is soft and slightly acidic, you can choose either one. If it is moderately hard it would be better to go with the Bolivians.

Cathy
Danikins
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my water is moderately hard, so I'll go with the Bolivians.

There's 8 cories currently, but I'm moving 4 out before I put the rams in... is four okay with two rams?
Jan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.08(Mon)11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 3 Bolivian rams in my 180 community tank and 2 in my 125 community and all seem to get along just fine with my other fish, which include 6 corys in the 180 and 6 in the 125.

Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: