Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Glass Catfish
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
bigbones
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.06(Sat)0:45    Post subject: Glass Catfish Reply with quote

I'm thinking of getting some glass catfish, but I'm not sure if they will eat the new life spectrum food that I feed my other fish, this is the fish food I use http://www.thatpetplace.com/Products/KW/new%2clife%2cspectrum/Class//T1/F29JX+0259+0004/EDP/32532/Itemdy00.aspx

Will they eat this? If not, is there any new life spectrum food they will eat, because I really like this food for my other fish.
richiestang_78
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.06(Sat)2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would worry about mixing them with the Cichlids you have in there. Glass Catfish like to be in groups, come out at night so like a darker aquarium and don't like active fish around them and prefer planted aquarium. From my books they like to eat live foods such as tubifex,white worms,daphnia etc
bigbones
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.06(Sat)8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the cichlid I have is the blood parrot cichlid. Will they do fine with the glass catfish?

Also about the food for the glass cats I heard they eat flakes also, and planet catfish says they eat prepared foods but didn't specify what type of prepared foods.
fishlover888
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.06(Sat)12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my glass catfish with my rainbow fish. They are OK. They kind of like soft water and eat flak food without any problems. I'm not sure they can go after the pellets you have there or not.
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: