Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
2 questions; 2 problems with the water...
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MattyP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.03(Wed)22:23    Post subject: 2 questions; 2 problems with the water... Reply with quote

As it is said in the subject, I have 2 problems with the water. I couldn't find a topic that talked about what to do, so here are the questions:

question 1: I just tested the water of my 10g tank. every thing came out normal exept the pH which turned out around 7.5-8.0. That also may explain why the water is just slightly cloudy towards the bottom. So what should I do to correct it? I know there is a chemical to correct it but what is it called?

question 2: In the past 3 days, 2 inches of water has evaporated from my tank. I checked for leaks and I didn't find any. Also there is glass that is between the light it self nd the water. What should I do to replace this water that has evaporated, and what can I do to make sure it doesn't happen again?

thank you for your help,

MattyP
cito
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.04(Thu)1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evaporation is normal; just "top off" your tank when the level is low.

Corys Rule!
supamii
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.04(Thu)2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of water with higher a pH being cloudy. personally I think cloudiness is due to either either an algae-bloom, debris, or due to new substrate (planted tanks).

I also wouldn't bother with any chemicals to correct anything. I've bought plenty of anti-algae things and none of them have worked. what worked for me was getting my planted tank healthier

also, I notice that close to 2 gallons of water evaporates from my tank per week
MattyP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.04(Thu)20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, thaniks for the help. I knew that ank evaporation was normal, but it was dropping really fast. Found out the cloudyness is due to debris. I'm gunna thouroghly clean out the tank now

MattyP
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: