Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Flourish causes cloudy water?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
fishlover888
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.03(Wed)8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, let's take a look at the items are the reason of using them:

flourish - I think you want to provide trace elements for plants, that should be OK if you see your plant is not grwoing well
algae destroyer - Unless you see alage, I will not use it all the time. This is not good for the fish and plants
Blackwater extract - This is only for soft water fish. If you don't have soft water fish, I don't see the reason using it. Plus, it tint your water and will block the lights for the plants. Also, the effect of black water is going to be limited with hard water, in your case the well water.
Neutral regulator - Not sure the reason of using it. This is for water that is too soft and does not have buffer. You are using well water which is hard in most case. Plus, I think it will cancel out whatever soft effect of your black water extract anyway.

So, the only thing I would use with moderation is the flourish when the plants are showing the need for it. If you do see alage shows up, try up water change and see if it goes away. If not, your last option maybe use the algae destroyer. I woul not use it on a regular base. As for the other two, I would stop using them. Save you some money and less stressful for the fish.
DF Bobo
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.01.03(Wed)9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that all you should be adding is the flourish. everything else is just not really necessary. can you get a picture of the tank before and after the cloudiness? it might help.

piranha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.03(Wed)19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assumed you were having an algae problem or bloom since you were adding algae destroyer. I stopped using chemicals long ago to treat algae. It is better to find the cause and then treat it without. Check phosphate level,it may be high. Other options are UV sterilizers. I would also add that if the tank is recently set up you might be experiencing mini cycles. Flourish will maintain its effectiveness if it is refrigerated after opening.
FiftyCalibre
Advisors

PostPosted: 2007.01.04(Thu)5:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seachem neutral regulator softens water, so you don't really need the blackwater extract.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: