Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
rapid temp. change
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MattyP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.01(Mon)23:05    Post subject: rapid temp. change Reply with quote

last night my parents forgot to turn on the AC for the house so my house got really cold really fast. This casued the water to rapidly drop from 78 Fahrenheit to 72 degrees. The heater that is in the tank couldn't keep up with the rapid change.

this resulted in my losing my Angelfish. But surprisingly my neon tetras and my 2 swordtails still swam around the tank acting like nothing happened.

ya just letting yall know what happened and to see what I should do to make sure it doesn't happen again.

thanks

MattyP
ceci9293
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2007.01.02(Tue)18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big was this tank? I thought that kind of situation was what heaters were designed for... Sad

EDIT: I just checked your profile. The 10G? That's pretty small, I guess. This makes me scared for my 5G...
MattyP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.03(Wed)12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceci9293 wrote:
How big was this tank? I thought that kind of situation was what heaters were designed for... Sad

EDIT: I just checked your profile. The 10G? That's pretty small, I guess. This makes me scared for my 5G...

ya I'm probably gunna have to get a better heater soon. it did it again last night but I turned the dail to around 80 degrees and it stayed around 78-80 so ya shows that it is some heater Mad
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: