Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
need some suggestions for my 10g
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
cks
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.01(Mon)15:16    Post subject: need some suggestions for my 10g Reply with quote

I would like to get a centerpiece fish for my 10g. I currently have 4 corries, 5 black skirt tetras and 1 black phantom tetra. (I had previously had 5 black phantom tetras and they died over time, but I apparently lost count b/c when I brought the back skirt tetras home from the lps, the black phantom appeared out of nowhere! They get along WONDERFULLY though!) Anyway, I was thinking of a blue dwarf gourami. I have had one before, but he didn't seem very active. Is that normal? My testras stay mostly in the bottom half of the tank and I'd like something that wil swim around the top more. I am also looking into planting the tank (I only have plastic right now) so I don't know if that will make a difference on the type of fish I can add, or when I can add it. TIA for any advice/tips!
Corkiddy
Members

PostPosted: 2007.01.01(Mon)15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your idea of adding a dwarf gourami... I recently added two flame dwarf gouramis, and they're quite active and fun to watch (not to mention pretty too!).
invertmaniac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.01(Mon)17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a small rainbowfish like a neon rainbow, rainbows are full of color and always active.
Liszie
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2007.01.02(Tue)11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might consider a pair of rams, if your water is on the soft and acid side and you are willing to put in the extra time to keep the water quality excellent.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2007.01.02(Tue)17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the advice and ideas! I'll have to look at each fish at the lps and see which one strike me! Now, at least, I know what to look for!
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: