Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
big shrimp?
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
tkipfer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.30(Sat)19:26    Post subject: big shrimp? Reply with quote

I have a tire track eel in my 55 gal and would love to put some shrimp in the tank. the problem is is that altohugh he is small he LOVES shrimp so I was wondering what shrimp would be good for the tank. the eel is 12 cm but if you know eels their mouths are very small.
Cinder
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.31(Sun)15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience here but I'm wondering about Bamboo shrimp?
tkipfer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.31(Sun)17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, I will check those out. I sometimes wish I did not gotten him as I would love to get shrimp like red crystal shrimp in the tank but in truth I would hate my self for not getting one when I had the chance and would hate for any thing to happen to him.
invertmaniac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.31(Sun)18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got some vampire(african fan) shrimp and they're huge! they can get 8 inches but they could not defend themselves against the eel if he decided to try to eat them. they don't even have claws and theyre not cheep either. I got mine for 15$ each. but if you want to you could give it a shot, theyre rare to find though
tkipfer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.31(Sun)20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen pictures of those guys and they are massive! I some how doubt the eel would go for those guys especaliy when their at full size. I don't think I like the look of those guys, I like it when the shrimp are small and thay can poke out from the leaves and things.
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: