Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
29 Gallon stocking
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
DeviantXX
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.29(Fri)11:37    Post subject: 29 Gallon stocking Reply with quote

At times I feel my 29 is slightly bare, this is what it currently holds..

- 2 Giant Danios
- 6 Red Eye Tetra
- 2 Female Pearl Gourami. One of them I believe is stunted due to a face/mouth deformity, she is quite small compared to the other.

Recently I had a pleco die, one day he was fine, then I looked at him and it seemed he couldn't swim right, almost like a swim bladder problem, next day he was dead Sad

My water is soft, and has a pH of 7.5 ( weird, you'd think it would be acidic ) is there room for any more compatible fish to the current ones I have now and to my water parameters?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Characteristics
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.29(Fri)15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deviant, good fish to add :

schooling: (since you have tetras you might be good on the schoolers)
-zebra danios- fast and hyper fish!!
-scissortail rasboras-
-brilliant rasboras
-harlequin rasboras
-I've had a lot more luck with rasboras then tetras as my schoolers and they swim with my danios sometimes they all school as one!!

Livebearers:
Swortails and Platys do great with gourami!!

Bottom Dwellers:
Ghost Shrimp- I have found these little guys amazing, fun to watch, they don't get big enough to attack other fish except fry or dead fish, they clean up and are fun to watch, I've had mine for 4 months and I bought 4 for a dollar.
Otos- these little guys are great for smaller aquariums, they are little versions of plecos and actually swim sometimes with the schoolers, very hardy.
Cories- cories are the most peaceful catfishes and there are so many different types.

these are some ideas, of fish to add !!
tayler
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.29(Fri)23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a few more giant danios
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: