Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
dream tank?
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
tkipfer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.27(Wed)18:24    Post subject: dream tank? Reply with quote

what would your dream tank be or just a cool idea to have in a tank. I'll start off, I've always wanted to try to make a carpet of java fern across the tank as I think it would be very nice to watch the fish swim through all the grass like leaves.
Senor
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.27(Wed)21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always dramt of making a huge amazon biotype/paludarium by huge I mean, that it would make some aquariums look puny(the building aquariums). and fill it with all types of american cichlids and other indigenous species. Along with having the tank be almost self sufficient with the large fish eating smaller shoals and stuff establishing a whole ecosystem. Although I know this would be impossible unless I somehow aquire millions of dollars and others who wish to help with it.
Jun
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream tank would definitely be something large, but not insanely large -- 80-100 gallons or so -- and long, not tall. It wouldn't have to be huge because it's the stocking that would make it interesting -- the offspring of one spawn of bettas, including three or four males. This would just be wonderful. I've heard of this being done, using lots of females and the mildest of the male offspring in a large tank that would easily give each male enough territory. Heavily planted, lots of rocks, Asian-ish themed. xD I dunno. =p Hopefully someday I'll be able to pull something like that off. ^-^
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream tank is preferably 100G or so. It will inset into a wall connecting into the laundry room or closet with drainage system for ease of maintenance. Gravel bed will be completely carpeted with dwarf hair grass really lush and soft. It will be heavily planted and with focal point being a decent size rock completely cover with pearling riccia. It will strictly be a Discus tank with exception of some smaller scavenge fish to clean up left over since there won't be any way to gravel vac.
RubberDuck
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.29(Fri)2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should add on here, it's a very similar topic. http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=37639&highlight=dream+tank
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: