Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Whats Best To Use for Filter Media in Planted Tank
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Xetox
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.27(Wed)14:55    Post subject: Whats Best To Use for Filter Media in Planted Tank Reply with quote

So I just got my Rena XP3 for my 55gal, CO2 injected Hight Light Tank. Just wondering what your thoughts are on whats the best 3 choices for filter media for a planted tank.

Just FYI I am still new to the planted community, this is my first planted freshwater tank, I just got my CO2 setup and ready to hook it up, and my plants are on the way. I have don't a lot of research on this subject, but just want to hear other people thoughts on the matter....from those who have played around with this a lot.
supamii
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the rena xp1 and I think its FABULOUS! anyway, for my first layer of media, I use a very large porous media (I think it comes included with the canister filter). then for my second layer of media, I use marineland's blue filter media (a bit more fine). for my final layer of media I like to use a large chunk of polyester - designed for aquariums.

my filter system is real simple but so far it has not given me any problems. I am interested in using seachem's purigen but the thought of using bleach to clean the media discourages me from investing.
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: