Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
does my betta have ich or cloudy eye?
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
pennylinx
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.09(Sat)12:15    Post subject: does my betta have ich or cloudy eye? Reply with quote

I have a male betta in a 29gal tank, kept at about 76F, the water is fresh with a small amount of aquarium salt added. His eyes have developed a strange white spots located in the center of each eye is this ich attached to his eyes? Or is it fungus? The appearence that I could relate it to would be the appearence of cataracks in an old dog or cat. I'm confused and I don't know how to treat him. I was thinking that it was cloudy eye but I'm not sure because its only one small spot in both of his eyes( the spot is the size of his pupil but only resides on the lens) it has not seemed to get any larger and therefore I'm not sure what it is.
Fishlova
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.09(Sat)17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been told this sort of symptom is caused by 'pH burn', meaning the pH is either too low or high for him. I am under the impression that if the water is corrected it will heal itself but the fish may go blind if the condition is left alone.

Good luck Smile

http://au.youtube.com/Fishlova82
pennylinx
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.09(Sat)20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to test the pH then, that is pretty scary. The white spot is on thhe lens and not any deeper is this the same symptom? Because I have kept the fish in a bowl for about 3-5 months in the same water type that I use in the tank, the fish only developed it after I had him in a warmer tank, and sarted to feed him chopped black worms. Is he deficcient in something maybe?
Fishlova
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.28(Thu)1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you clean out the tank often then the food shouldn't be a problem. I really do think it is pH burn. I doubt it is a defficiency.

http://au.youtube.com/Fishlova82
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: