Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Low light plant suggestions
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
bgodwin1987
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.26(Tue)9:40    Post subject: Low light plant suggestions Reply with quote

Hello Everyone I have a 55 gallon tall hex marinland tank, and I have really low lighting since its a weird tank, I am currently using 2, 15wt flourest Plant bulbs that I got from Wal-mart, what can I grow with this lighting, also it is next to a window that gets Northern Exposure, If that makes a difference, I havent had to much luck with plants, The only things that grow good so far are Java Fern, Brown crypts, and a unknown sword plant, I have a giant hygro, and so red ludwegia, and a few banana plants, but most of them I'm going to move to another tanks because I'm not sure they can survive, also Any kind of moss is out of the question oir anything else pleco's like to eat. So what do you guys think would grow the best? What do you think about anibus and wisteria? Thanks
kissaragi
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.27(Wed)13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anubias nana would be fine, but have a look through the garden section on this site.
tkipfer
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.27(Wed)14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

java fern, anubis, and many crypts and some hydros will do great in low lighting. anubis nana is a great low light plant as it will grow a flower when it has growen enough. Unfortunley anubis plants grow very slowly and may allow algae to grow on them so some snails may need to be bought with the plant. a great website to research plants is [/url] http://192.38.244.204/go.asp?plant=047[/url]. it is a little confusing to find anything at first as they have such a massive data base but it really helps me out.
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: