Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
guess I've got baby snails.
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Senor
Members

PostPosted: 2006.12.25(Mon)22:47    Post subject: guess I've got baby snails. Reply with quote

well about a week ago I was cleaning my tank and noticed some odd jelly type things that had a few white dots scattered within each, on the bottom of a rock I had turned over. I thought they were some kind of mold of somthing and wanted to see if it would grow so I isolated it in a cup of water. Anyway to the point today while looking at it today I noticed the white dots were gone and that there were a lot of small translucent things on the bottom and sides of the cup. After looking at them under a magnifying glass I noticed they were snails. I currently have a single black mystery snail which I believe somehow laid the "eggs" but most mystery snails are a relative of apple snails(correct me if I'm wrong) and they lay the eggs above water. So what species could this be?
lenoirj
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.26(Tue)17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no snail expert but I do have 1 albino mystery snail that has laid eggs on the leaf of a plant which hatched into babies. I think they lay eggs wherever they choose! There is a great description in the "gallery" of the difference between snails. If I remember right, the "mystery" snails are the same as the "bridgesi" variety.
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: