Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
new 250l planted tank
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
kissaragi
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.23(Sat)10:46    Post subject: new 250l planted tank Reply with quote

I'm going to be starting a new 250l heavily planted tank with shrimp and tetras(mainly) next year and just wondered if my shopping list for the main equipment sounded OK.

Going to be getting a rimless 250l tank (48"x18"x18")
Lighting: Arcadia "Overtank Luminaire" T5 4x54W
Filter: Eheim 2324 Professional (the one that has a heater inside the filter)
Substrate: Eco complete
I already have pressurized co2

The filter is rated upto 250L, would I be better off getting the next model up that does upto 350L?
jimmy campbell
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.24(Sun)18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO I have learned to get a way better filter rather than one that can "just get by with". If it was my tank id get the bigger filter or that filter you mentioned and a 2nd filter just so its cleaning the GHP better than just enough. Whats the price difference between the filter you want and the next one up? Also I don't know much about the T5 lighting but I've read that you need WPG and @ 4x54 thats gives you 216 watts, over a 250l (66 gal) is like 3 watts per gal.

Looks good from my point of view.

P.S. @ 1st I thought you were saying 250gal. its 250L (66 gal) right?
kissaragi
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.25(Mon)7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

ye its 66 US gal, I tend to use liter because UK gal is slightly different and it gets confusing!

The price difference between the two filters is about
jimmy campbell
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.12.25(Mon)13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sorry, I don't know anything about heaters inside filters. I have a Fluval 404, 2 Ehime 2213 and a ehime 2217. I use the submersable heaters, Elite by hagens. I have had no problems with these heaters and I was looking @ a heater that goes on my outlet hose and heats the water as it passes through the hose on the way to the tank. The only problem I have with my heaters is sometimes the suction cup don't stick to the glass. Have you looked up some product reviews?
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: