Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
56 Gallon stock list (Par 3)
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Pete Harcoff
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.07.24(Mon)22:02    Post subject: 56 Gallon stock list (Par 3) Reply with quote

Can't remember what I had on my last stock list, but here's my current version:

1 Lawnmower blenny (already stocked)
1 Kaudern's Cardinal
1 Royal gramma basslet
1 Six-line wrasse

And possibly one of the following:

Ocellaris clownfish (either one or a mated pair)
Firefish
Neon goby

Tank is a 56 gallon reef (30x18x24) with no sump.
Barby Girl
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.25(Tue)8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, obviously as you know, I don't really know much. But, based on the personality you project in your posts, you don't strike me as a "Nemo" kinda guy Smile Not knowing anything about compatibility, for aestetic reasons I think you should go with the firefish would look really awesome with the other fish you have listed and would fit with the look of your tank based on the pictures you posted awhile back.
Pete Harcoff
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.07.25(Tue)11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, well I guess you don't know me well enough then. Wink

Truth is, I've always wanted a Clown fish, even as a kid (and this was decades before Finding Nemo). About the only reason I wouldn't get one now is precisely because of the movie. After spending 3 hours at the Vancouver Aquarium and hearing nothing but "Hey, there's Dory!" and "Hey! There's Nemo!", I don't know if I want to subject myself to that. Confused

I'm a little iffy on the wrasse, too, since I've read they can be a bit aggressive. OTOH, I've heard that they do display some cleaning instincts and can help keep parasites off other fish.

Ah, who knows... I've still got months to think about it.
Pete Harcoff
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.07.28(Fri)23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump* Anyone else?
Danikins
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.07.29(Sat)17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After spending 3 hours at the Vancouver Aquarium and hearing nothing but "Hey, there's Dory!" and "Hey! There's Nemo!", I don't know if I want to subject myself to that.

Ugh, try working in an LFS that regularly stocks percs/ocellaris, yellow tangs ("Bubbles"), cleaner shrimp ("Jacques") and occasionally regal tangs ("Dory")... CONSTANTLY I hear "LOOK MOM ITS NEMO!!!"

Its actually pretty cute, but once you hear it several times in a day it gets really old really fast lol.
Pete Harcoff
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.08.03(Thu)19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump again*

Still no one wants to chime in? I'll take that as no one having an objections.

I was also thinking about a Black Bar Chromis. Anyone have any comments on that fish?

Danikins, that's quite true about the LFS. I noticed it at my LFS too. I also noticed that adults seem to do it more than kids. I talked to a guy there if it got annoying, but he just laughed and said you get used to it. In fact, he said clown fish are now becoming known as "Nemo fish".
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2006.08.04(Fri)6:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tank is big enough where you don't have to worry about the wrasse aggression.

Your only concern with your stock list is where the Royal Gramma sets up his territory. Id he does it in the middle of the tank you could have some issues with him. They are pretty fierce and defend there cave.

But really have no problem with that stock list.
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: