Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I give up, what is this?
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Reply to topic   Post new topic
lisalisa
New Members

PostPosted: 2006.07.18(Tue)17:39    Post subject: I give up, what is this? Reply with quote

[EDIT: moved here from Freshwater category - MA]

As with any reef tank, stuff is always popping up that wasn't there before. I can usualy figure out what it is. But not this time. This thing showed up last night. It's on a back of a rock at the back of the tank so I don't know if this is the entire animal, an arm or what. Can anybody tell me what this is and if it's a good thing or a bad thing please? I figured it to be about 2-3" long.

Thanks so much,

Lisa
Michael L.
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2006.07.18(Tue)17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have better luck if you ask a Mod to move this to one of the Marine forums.

With my little knowledge of SW invertabrates, I would think that that is a bristleworm of some sort. Some bristleworms are harmless, where others can kill fish.

You will definitely get better answers in a SW forum though.

Good Luck!
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: