Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Pink Skunk
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Reply to topic   Post new topic
CCS
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.06.18(Sun)11:10    Post subject: Pink Skunk Reply with quote

Hello. I am trying to set up a Fiji biotope. I was wondering if any of you could give me some more information about the behavior of Pink Skunk Clowns(Amphiprion perideraion). I would like to know if they would be okay with peaceful fish their size.
FloridaBoy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2006.06.21(Wed)22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amphiprion perideraion...
Well, the bad news is, wild caught specimens have always adapted poorly; in my experience over the years they are among the worst of the Clownfishes for shipping and disease issues (Brooklynella hostilis)...
the good news is you can sometimes find captive reared Skunk Clowns which will usually do much better for you... still a sensitive species with little toleration for traces of ammonia.

I have photographed many of these in the Western Pacific, often using a large portion of my air supply to get that "perfect shot" ...most of the Skunks I have encountered were part of a small group... hosting in large Heteractis up to 3 feet across, anchored on exposed reef crests along walls and dropoffs in strong currents. In aquaria they can be highly aggressive to other Skunks, but may be more tolerant of other species.

O.R.A. has had good success with the breeding of color variants, here's a link, scroll down to see the orange Amphiprion sandaracinos:
http://www.orafarm.com/clownfish_species.html
CCS
Regulars

PostPosted: 2006.06.21(Wed)22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, what should I get? A pink skunk, blue stripe, or cinnamon clown? Also, I'm keeping a pair, so that'll help choose.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: