Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Good mate for a calico
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
rocketsfan01n11
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.12.07(Wed)22:33    Post subject: Good mate for a calico Reply with quote

I recently purchased a calico for my 10g, to teach him tricks from a book that I bought. I woud like one more in there, any suggestions besides another calico, fish needs to be able to grow to atleast 3 inches.
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.12.07(Wed)23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 gallon is too small long term for 1 goldfish in most people's opinion. Which tank of yours is it? I don't see it in your sig. Tank size aside the calico wouldn't care what breed the other goldfish was unless it is one that is able to hog all the food(such as a common which could run circles around a fantail).
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.12.08(Thu)3:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get a bigger tank for it, but I know circumstances do not always allow for a bigger tank, but if you can, do get a bigger one.

If you want another gold fish, then I'd go for a Moor or Ryukin. If you want just any, I'd go for a Chinese Sailfin Sucker, they very cool fish. Very Happy
rocketsfan01n11
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.12.08(Thu)17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this, I am taking back my java barbs in my 55 gallonbecause they rub their noses all over the glass and ram into the glass and I don;t know why. So would I have room in my 55 gallon for the following fish?

55 gallons-- 2 golden barbs 3 tbarbs 2 phantomglass cats 1 gold gourmi 1 pleco 2 giant danio 3 platy 1 sword tail??

then I wud move my 3 zebra danio and mayb another into my 10 gallon....so would a 20 long be big enuff for a calico and another type of goldfish?
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.12.12(Mon)6:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with your plans for the 55g, but I feel you have to little fish, of one group .I.e. 2 golden barbs, 2 glass cats and 1 gourmi, try have bigger shoals. You might have problems with the tbarbs and gourmi(s)

The 20g long is much better than the 10g and the 20g will work, but I'd go for a 29g, it has the same foot print as the 20g long and if you want to use it for something different later it will be better, more stability and taller. But if you can get the 20g long for a go price and you get good filtration then do it. Very Happy
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.12.12(Mon)8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He is in my 20 gallon with a calico.
I read this in another post, do you already have the 20g long Question
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: