Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
found some goldfish!!!
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
touie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.09.21(Wed)10:30    Post subject: found some goldfish!!! Reply with quote

I woke up this morning to find 3 small goldfish swimming in my turtle tank!!! Shocked They must have been on some of the water hyacynth I put in last week!

I'm not sure what to do with them!! My son wants to put them in a little goldfish bowl, but I know my parents tried that once and they died!!! I also thought about sectioning a bit of the turtles tank off for them. Luckily there are quite a few plants in the tank at the moment so that they can hide!!!Not sure what would be the best thing to do? Confused

EDIT: I've put them in a little 3 or 4G at the moment but know they can't stay there for long!! at what stage should I move them to a bigger tank, I don't want them getting stunted!?
f_i_s_h_
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.09.30(Fri)14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're only little, you can get away with a 20g for now. But if they're common goldfish, you're probably going to need a 100 gallon tank, eventually.
touie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.09.30(Fri)15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're tiny! I thought I'd keep them till they get a bit bigger and then put them in my parents pond, they're comets!! They're only about 1cm at the moment!! will they be OK in the 3G for a while? Confused
f_i_s_h_
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.10.01(Sat)1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe for now.

But they'll need a 10g soon- goldfish pollute the water much more than other fish.

A pond's the best idea- but if you did decide to keep them in a tank, you'd need about 150 gallons. (comets).
touie
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.10.01(Sat)7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm going to put them in my parents pond, but if I put them in now, they'll prob get eaten so was going to wait till they're a bit bigger! Only problem is I think that I'll have to keep them in a tank till late Spring as it will be too cold outside, is this right?
TJ
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.10.01(Sat)15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah, spring is good. Calm down with all the ! Smile
Stuart
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.10.01(Sat)15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting stuff. Laughing

If you are going to keep them in a relatively small tank then you will need to do very regular and ofetn water changes. Goldfish really do crap out more waste than almost any other fishes.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.10.03(Mon)2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Wink

I'll try and calm down with the !!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.11.27(Sun)13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water changes is going to be a must, at least 30% weekly, and I'd still get a bigger tank, even thou they are only staying till spring. Smile
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: