Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My little goldfish...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds  Reply to topic   Post new topic
TJ
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.10.16(Sun)13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

in a 29 gallon I would add 2-3 weather loaches.
Devs
Members

PostPosted: 2005.10.23(Sun)1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,a tank mate would grow,but that should be fine if they're introduced around the same size or even if the new one is a little smaller.Goldfish are friendly fish,and I think that they enjoy the company of another Goldie.I have a Lionhead named Louie that I've kept in a tank all by himself for over a year now,because he lost an eye to a filter intake tube accident while some spawning was going on in the tank.I recently by no choice had to add a fish to quarrantine him somewhat before I added him to my Big tank. Needless to say that Poor Louie was sooooooo thrilled,that I couldn't help but leave the new guy in with him.They are now Best Buds,and swim everywhere together.Yes,put your fish in the cycled 29gal,and get him a friend.Let him enjoy his life for the first time. Smile
Oscer
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.11.19(Sat)10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the weather loach idea. Yes you can put him straight in to the 29g, it might put a little strain on him, but his not going to die or any thing like that. I have kept Chinese Sucking Loach in cold water before, with great success, and he kept my tank clear of algae
 Forum Index > Goldfish, Koi and Ponds All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: