Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
DIY Background *Updated Again 5/09*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
dale
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.08.15(Mon)23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!
I applaud your courage to do something different Sahara.
B.T.W. What do you intend to seal it with?
Sahara22588
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.08.16(Tue)15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

violentray; I'm probably gonna end up sawing it in half and then stcking it back together once it's in the tank. I might have enough space to pivot and turn it into the tank diagonally though. I'll just have to see when I go to put it in there.

dale; I'm going to use a resin to seal it. I'm still debating on whether or not to use Quickrete, though. If I can find the color I want I'm going for the cement rather than the resin. I'm going to use regular silicone to fix it into place in the tank though.

Byez! Very Happy
pianodog
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.08.25(Thu)9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Kudos for you Sahara, that is one cool project you have taken and it is coming great. I am in the film industry and I have seen some stuff, but yours is UP there with the best. Great Artist you are my friend. I have to say, I love this AofA because all the talent that is here is just amazing.

Kudos to all

Luis
Sahara22588
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2005.09.05(Mon)15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

K, so I finally pulled myself off my lazy butt and got to work on my background today. I've finished carving the back, but there's not much difference than in the last pic, so there's not a new one of that. I did start carving the columns today, though. They were just going to be regular pillars, but I was feeling particularly creative today and decided to carve statues instead. This plan is sure to come back and bite me in the butt, but oh well. I can always buy another piece of foam if I screw it up.

Here's the pic of my progress, along with the book I'm using as a guide.

Don't worry, it won't just be a pair of legs chilling in my tank. I want to have a sitting figure and two standing ones, but I may just end up with "ruins" if I really can't carve.

Comments are always welcome! I'm going back upstairs to work on it some more before I get side-tracked by something else. I may update again tonight...

Byez!! Very Happy
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: