Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
DIY co2 injector. any idea's? instructions?
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jeLcoke
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.29(Sun)16:51    Post subject: DIY co2 injector. any idea's? instructions? Reply with quote

I have recently made a co2 injector from instructions I found on the internet
it involves a 2 litre bottle of pop, yeast, sugar, water!
it doesn't seem to work
does anyone have instructions on how to make a good one, or even know of a site where I can go to get instructions on how to build one

help if you can!
susankatomerit
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.29(Sun)18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search for DIY Co2 here and you will finds loads of info on it. All really good and works real well.
funcrew
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.08.03(Wed)11:08    Post subject: DIY CO2 Limitations Reply with quote

I have used DIY yeast CO2 on several tanks, and they all have the same limitation: the supply pressure is not high enough to push CO2 deep into the water column, say for a powerhead-type disperser. This is probably due to leakage at the yeast bottle cap/tubing seal.

So, you want a disperser close to the surface. A cheap and easy disperser is to use the bottom 2 inches of a 2L soda bottle, inverted and glued to the bottom of the glass top. Run the CO2 supply tubing under the inverted dome so that the bubbles accumulate. The CO2/water interface will diffuse a limited amount of the gas into the water.

Any surface disturbance, like aeration or power filter discharge will strip excess CO2 out of the water, so try to get a calm, smooth water surface during lighted hours for your tank.

Good luck!
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: