Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Forum hacked...
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.16(Wed)9:56    Post subject: Forum hacked... Reply with quote

Sorry for taking the board offline for the past few minutes. The Brazilian version of the board got hacked, fortunately with no serious damage AFAIK. I was very lucky to have logged in little after it happened and noticed a very minor detail that looked different on the board. While checking it out I found that malicious code had been inserted into the board's mySQL database, but was able to remove it quickly and I couldn't find any other changes.

After looking the issue up on the phpBB support forums I've found that other people have experienced the same thing, and apparently it's an exploit that even the current versions are vulnerable to. In any case, a major upgrade of this phpBB script we're using is long overdue and I guess I'll have to do it ASAP, even if it means losing a lot of personalizations that were introduced in the current version...

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Mogwai
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.03.16(Wed)11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought it was my temperamental comptuter, lol
Do people not have anything better to do than hack other people's sites? Idiots. Evil or Very Mad
ultra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.17(Thu)5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcos, so what changes will happen to the boards?
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: