Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New to the forum
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
nithish.gupta
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.10(Thu)6:12    Post subject: New to the forum Reply with quote

I introduce myself as Nithish Gupta. I am mailing from India. I am a software professional. I have just purchased a brand new 100 litre moulded tank. All these days I have been having only betta fish and gold fish in my fish bowls. Now that I have a bigger tank I plan to go for a flowerhorn. Right now my aquarium technician is cycling my tank. I'm not sure what he means by that. I have never done that with my gold fish.

He says that a flowerhorn will be a good addition to the tank. I actually do not have any photographs of the tank. I would be glad if someone can guide me through this.

cheers
Mogwai
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.03.10(Thu)7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 100L tank is far too small for a Flowerhorn - they can grow up to 12in or more in length, depending on which particular fish they were bred from - they are hybrid fish which do not exist in nature.
I would recommend going for a nice community set up in that size tank - have a look through the Gallery,see what catches your eye and then ask questions on compatability if you have any. Don't forget to take into account the fish's eventual size and territory requirements. Very Happy
nithish.gupta
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.10(Thu)9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much. Will the fish be affected if I change him over after sometime to a much larger tank. I'm in for a long haul. Very Happy . I'm ready to invest time and money for this hobby.

I visited the pet shop here. The flowerhorn they are talking about is currently 2.5 inches long. May be after say a month I can put him into a bigger tank.

I want to know where I can get some information on flower-horn. Otherwise I'll see if I can go for a community setup you told me.
dale
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.03.10(Thu)21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nitish,
I just did a google search because I had not heard of that fish and found plenty of info. Just type in flowerhorn. Beware that some sites are trying to sell you the fish and will say anything to make it sound appealing. The fish looks big so be prepared to buy a bigger tank when neccisary but you will be OK for a while. Probably you should post a question in cichlid section.
Good luck. Smile
nithish.gupta
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.11(Fri)0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I'll post a question in the cichlid section. Very Happy
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: