Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello from Canada
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Sylvia Satin
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.22(Tue)22:15    Post subject: Hello from Canada Reply with quote

I have a FW and SW tank, and have had them for a few years. I love the philosophy of this board! Especialy for marine tanks, where most of the livestock is wild caught and the collection methods r destroying many reefs in the world.

I'm hoping my new mandarin fish will breed so I can supply local LFS's with captive bread mandarins, instead of the wild caught ones they all sell now. I hope to increase my knowledge and meet some nice people on this site.
dale
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.22(Tue)23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sylvia,
Hey, we're practically neighbours. Don't let the rest of the board know that it's not really cold and snowy in Canada all the time.. It's great for the sympathy factor Wink You can post questions like:
How do I keep icecubes from forming in my tropical tank? or..
Does anyone have any tips for breeding arctic char?
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.24(Thu)18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO BRITISH COLUMBIA! lol its fun to have people on the board from where I used to live. you live in burnaby. you should stop by www.jlaquatics.com . some of the stuff they have is almost more interesting than the vancouver aquarium. there pure saltwater and the only lfs that I EVER trusted to give good advice.

welcome aboard

andrew
Sylvia Satin
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.26(Sat)18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at ice in a tropical tank Laughing guess thats why we like salt water, it doesn't freeze as easily!

Iv been to J&L, got my maroon clown there Very Happy Thanks for reminding me though, Iv been meaning to go back and see what they have now !
SLACkra
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.26(Sat)19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love jl! I got pepermint shrimp from them and a red head goby and some hermits. I still follow there aclimitization prosses they gave me. I love there dog too. a little dashound if I remember correctly.

andrew
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: