Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello Everyone.
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
dR3w
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.05(Sat)18:17    Post subject: Hello Everyone. Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been reading this forum for about a month now, and thought that I would introduce myself, and thank everyone for their time, and input. Especially those that take the time to run and moderate the site.

I might be the only person who comes to this site that doesn't have any tanks set up. I spent most of my life taking care of fish, but took a break a while back when I didn't have the time to give the proper attention to the fish, that I should have been giving them. Thankfully I kept all my tanks, and equipment.

When I was at my hobby peak, I spent some time breeding fish, but really didn't have anyone to sell them too. Even the local pet stores were pretty reluctant to take anything off my hands. I have bred and raised, Bettas, Kribs, Convicts, Angels and Gouramis.

My wife and I are planning on building a house in the not too distant future, and I have been trying to gather some information on the latest technologies, and changes in the hobby. I am debating about putting together a fairly large tank in my future home, somewhere in the 150-300 gallon range.

I have so many questions that I wouldn't even know where to begin, and am just planning on lurking around and trying to gather up as much information as I can.

For those of you who have been raising fish for a long time you can probably relate to how unbelievable it is to have so much information at your finger tips. In the days before the internet when I was raising fish, getting information was a lot tougher, and took lots of reading and trips to the LFS. To be able to get information through this forum and others is just incredible.

My name is Drew, and I am from Virginia, and would once again like to thank everyone who takes time out to run the site, and answer all the questions.
SoS
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.02.07(Mon)23:01    Post subject: Re: Hello Everyone. Reply with quote

dR3w wrote:
I am debating about putting together a fairly large tank in my future home, somewhere in the 150-300 gallon range.

I think the famous quote is: " Always go with the largest tank you can afford"

300 gallons *drools* Laughing
dR3w
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.08(Tue)15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the quoter was married. Very Happy
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: