Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Reminder on subject lines
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
2la
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.25(Tue)19:30    Post subject: Reminder on subject lines Reply with quote

Please be mindful of the following, taken from the General Guidelines for Use of the Board:

Quote:
When posting, type in a descriptive subject line in your topic, so that other people interested may be attracted to it and participate. Do not use generic subject lines like Two questions or Please Help Me!.

I bring this up because just today I've had to edit such unhelpful subject titles as "Help!" (isn't that what we're all here for?), "Why?" (imagine the chaos we'd have if all threads were headed with either "Who?", "What?", "When?", "Where?", "Why?", or "How?"! ), and "Plants" (in the Plants and Planted Tanks section, no less--does that help you distinguish this topic from any of the other 1314?). So please, a friendly reminder to BE DESCRIPTIVE in your subject line!

Thanks,

2la & the rest of the nondescript crew
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: