Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello all
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Azrien
Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.12(Wed)14:52    Post subject: Hello all Reply with quote

I've poked around on this board before but just now have decided to join. My name is Diana Matusik but I'm better known as "Azrien" on other fish-related sites.

I have been in the hobby since I was about 5 or 6 years old when my dad got us a 10g community. I've come a long, long way since keeping 10s, and went through all sorts of fish that pet stores have told me were okay. Since my "dark ages" of fishkeeping have given way to my own little aquatic "renaissance," I now have a 75g planted tank inhabited by Malawi mbuna and haplochromines plus six dither fish. So many people have said that mbuna in a planted tank just asks for trouble, but now I am amongst the minority proving that mindset wrong!

Stocklist:
4 L. caeruleus
3 Ps. demasoni
1 "red peacock"
1 P. taeniolatus
6 rosy barb dithers
Plantlist:
Amazon sword
Jungle vallisneria
Cryptocorine
Anubias
Java fern
For more detailed info on my setup and photos of my fish, please see the following link: http://tropicalresources.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8910

Currently I am working on a DIY background for my 75g which will hide my equipment as well as provide plenty of extra territory and caves.

Looking forward to being a part of this community!
McP
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.01.12(Wed)15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Azrien! I'm sure you're expertise will be welcome here as well as a journal on that background *hint hint* Laughing
Azrien
Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.12(Wed)15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi McP! Yeah I'm planning on posting a journal of that project here. Keep a watch for it Smile
Steve Hampton
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.12(Wed)17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to AofA Azrien! It's indeed a pleasure to have you join and participate. I've been impressed and delighted with the level of experience and quality of your posting on other sites, we will a benefit from your being a part of AofA.
Azrien
Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.12(Wed)17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Steve! What a kind welcome Smile I'm definitely looking forward to being a member of this forum. It seems to be very active and full of information.

Between here, Tropical Resources and the Cichlid Forum, I think I'm good to go! Laughing
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.12(Wed)18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Diana. Maintaining this site consumes 150% of my free time (meaning, I'll often be here when I should be working hehehe) so I hardly ever get a chance to explore other forums, but any friend of Steve's is a friend of mine Wink so I'm sure your participation here will be much valued...

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
big_ fish
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.21(Fri)22:59    Post subject: hello to you too Reply with quote

hi my name is bayden and I am a newbie at fish keeping my username here is big_ fish so look out for me I have just got my first fish tank last christmas in 2004 I have 3 comets I had 4 but 1 died 2 rainbow fish and 2 bristhlenose sucker fish I had another suckerfish but it died and I got another nice to meet you see you later
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: