Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Would just like to say thanks
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Patrick005
Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.15(Sat)22:56    Post subject: Would just like to say thanks Reply with quote

I would like to just say thank you to all the people who contribute and maintain this site. I have just recently started fish keeping and this site has helped me a lot. As far as maintnence I've checked out a few other aqua forums and half the time I don't unerstand them, or they stray from the topic. Here all my questions not only get answered but answered correctly. Again thank you and keep up the good work. Very Happy Very Happy
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.17(Mon)23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you for the compliments and good luck with your aquariums Smile

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Laskey
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.01.21(Fri)4:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say thank you as well. This board has been a real pleasure in the months since I've discovered it. I also actually find it fun to answer questions when I think I have something to offer. On some lazy days I can spend a whole morning reading and posting here. There are a lot of knowledgable people here who indicate that they do want to help very much. Sometimes there are conflicting "opinions", but I think when people say "That's just my opinion", what they really mean is "This has been my experience in my situation, given what I have chosen to do". And situations like stocking and tank equipment and water parameters and even fish personalities are always different, on top of that. However you choose to call your contribution, with enough research, someone like me can usually figure out which advice is right for our own situation. In that way, this board has helped me more than any other, and more than any Usenet newsgroup. It's also been a pleasure to talk to Marcos and the moderators, advisors and benefactors, because even though they have a busy job, they do work hard to help people like me and I appreciate their responses all the more because they are so busy. We also have so many knowledgeable "regulars" and "members" who I have learned to respect as people to listen to, and it's always a perk when someone whose opinion I respect answers my post(s). Thank you all. Everyone I know is astounded that I'm doing so well with my fish, because of course they were all fish-havers in their former days, and gave up the hobby. Laskey
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.21(Fri)4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks again, those are very kind words and are much appreciated Wink

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: