Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello to everyone
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
a_greiner
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.18(Tue)2:23    Post subject: Hello to everyone Reply with quote

I have browsed this community several times and always found a few tasty tidbits of information, so I am happily joining up.

I am a 46 year old engineer, just back from over a year's tour in Iraq with the US Army, and am seriously considering a major aquarium expansion. My 75g cichlid condo managed to thrive while I was away, so I guess I've finally figured out how to keep an aquarium healthy.

I have had at least one aquarium running since I was in high school, usually with mixed results, but I have been getting better and better at it, so I am going to try for the big leagues and get a 125 or larger and set up a serious community tank. I presently have my cichlid condo and a 35g Oscar starter going.

I hope to be able to get some good advice on lighting and plant management (my weakest spots) and maybe I can pass on one or two pieces of hard-won info on setup and layout. I know I will be able to make a large tank a real centerpiece with all of the brainpower and expertise in this community.

Take care!
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.18(Tue)3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a nice project, although if you're planning on keeping cichlids and plants in that tank it may become a little tricky. But I'm sure that by discussing your plans through topics in the appropriate forums below you'll be able to plan a great setup...

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: