Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello, my name is...
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
harlock
Exemplars

PostPosted: 2004.12.30(Thu)12:55    Post subject: Hello, my name is... Reply with quote

Hey all...

I just signed up a few days ago, and really enjoy what happens here. What an excellent way for new hobbyists, and experienced fish keepers to share stories, and waste a load of time on the net! Yay!

A little about me:

I started keeping fish when I was about 8-10yrs old. My first fish was a betta in a little glass bowl. That guy lived for about 4yrs if I remember correctly.

I got upgraded to a 10g shortly after the betta died, and had a great experience. A year later, before heading down to florida for xmas vacation, I got a 29g tank from santa, that I had set up until I left for college. The 10g was set up beneath it, and was operated by my brother.

I bred all sorts of live bearers, and kept a variety of unique fish, that came and went depending on the situation.

After college, I hadn't had a tank set up for years, until I got married. The 29g moved with us, and we set up a very successful cichlid tank. This was the craziest tank, and was quite self-sufficient, other than the large amounts of food those critters could put away.

We moved a year after setting up the cichlid tank, and are in western NC. Santa, years later, has suprised me again, with a new tank; a 75g with a beautiful pine wood base. It's set up, fully functional, and WOW!!!

Glad to be here, and can't wait to join in the conversation!

-----------------

75g Fresh Water

4- honey gouramis
4- bumble bee gobies
10- white clouds
2- baby algae eaters
1- white channel cat
2- 2" leporinus fasciatus
2- half white, half black baby angels
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.11(Tue)18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! I noticed that by now you're already actively participating on the forums so no encouragement needed there Wink

I just want to congratulate you for keeping that first Betta of yours alive for its entire expected life span of 4 years. Very few people (including myself) were able to do that on their first try, so be proud of it! Smile

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: